- My Spelling List Week 8 (see link one)
-Some extra spelling practise https://superbrainybeans.com/english/spelling/year-2/
-Said the Stars (see link two)
We all have dreams of what we would like to be when we grow older. What is your dream job? Why would you like to do it? Write a paragraph about your dream job. Maybe do some research on the internet first about what is involved with the job? Draw some pictures too.
-We all have special memories, a birthday, Christmas, school trip, family outing etc. Write about a special memory.
-It is so easy to forget all our punctuation at home. Can you correct these sentences for us? They are missing full stops, capitals letter and some spelling mistakes as well. (see link three)
-Watch this video about alliterative sentences.
Now have a go about writing some about a topic of your choice. We picked dinosaurs!
Here are a couple to help you.
Dinky dinosaurs dancing daily. Stomping stegosaurus smelling seaweed.
- ‘The Owl who is afraid of the dark’ alliteration (see link four)
- Alliteration matching game (see link five)
- Explore the capital city of Ireland, Dublin and design a Tourist information poster or a fact file. https://kids.kiddle.co/Dublin
- Writing Wizzard (see link six)
-Boggle (see link seven)
Click here for more information.